Posted in

OnePlus resumes rollout of latest OxygenOS update following boot issues

The topic OnePlus resumes rollout of latest OxygenOS update following boot issues is currently the subject of lively discussion — readers and analysts are keeping a close eye on developments.

This is taking place in a dynamic environment: companies’ decisions and competitors’ reactions can quickly change the picture.

OnePlus has confirmed that it is resuming the rollout of select OxygenOS updates that were paused due to issues causing boot problems and more on various OnePlus devices.

Last week, OnePlus said that it was pressing pause on OxygenOS updates 16.0.7.XXX and 16.0.5.XXX. The problem, the brand said, was around “a small number of devices are experiencing abnormal restart and boot issues.”

The cause of the issue wasn’t mentioned at the time, but it seems it wasn’t a huge problem.

As of May 18, OnePlus has updated its forum post around the update pause, confirming that the rollout has resumed with the two affected OxygenOS updates once again rolling out to users. In another forum post on the matter, OnePlus says that no users were affected by the problem, as the update was paused before any damage could be done.

During internal rollout monitoring, our teams identified abnormal behavior related to one of the builds that was not pushed externally to users. As a preventive measure, we proactively paused the rollout while a full investigation and validation process was completed, as we take device stability and user experience extremely seriously.

After extensive verification, we can confirm that there was no external user impact. Users who have already updated can continue using their devices normally and with confidence.

Catching the issues before a wide rollout begins is the best case scenario in matters like this, so it’s great to see that OnePlus was able to resolve matters before affecting end users.